Monday, February 16, 2009

The joys and pains of serving God

I really enjoy saturdays and sundays, for this is the time that I can restore myself after slogging so hard for the entire week. I taught my cell group, Petra bible study on the topic: Applying God's Word into my life. Although I was jittery at the start since Ee Ling was there(stress), overall the lesson went quite smoothly(according to her:)). Hoped the point was driven across that God's Word is not boring if studied properly using SPACEPETS.

Grateful for God that He has brought Jasper, my 13 year old cousin to church with me. Really surprised to see him because his father is quite against Christianity for some reason. He joined my YPMS class and I hoped he made new friends and will continue to meet up with them and ultimately come to the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Also thank God for the Petra core group meeting I had after church. Frankly, it was one of the more enlightening and encouraging meeting we had. Was clarified about certain nagging doubts once and for all, was he really sincere in the first place? My heart was broken when I knew what the leaders are going through yet at the same time I am stirred by their passion for their sheep, that they are still clinging on inspite of it. Reminds me of my family, which is supposed to be a place where love abounds, but choked with all kinds of malice, apathy and negligence.

God as you have entrusted Cornelius, Terence and Jun Hao unto me, help me to be accountable for them. I forsee so many obstacles and hardened hearts. Only You can tenderise their hearts. And also I am encouraged by Jeremy, Samuel, Glenn, Jun Hao, Sandy, Krystel's faithfulness in serving in YPMS. Help me to know them better too, I see some unpolished gems :)

No comments: