Friday, March 7, 2008

Relative time, relative importance

Time is said to be relative, that is you use time efficiently, you have more time, you use it inefficiently, you have less time.

I am in short, spending my time on such an array of activities all in the span of a week.

(Pre-U Seminar emcee sessions, SLA Geographic Imaging Systems competition, VJC economics symposium, Who wants to be an Econnaire, Youth Connect exhibition, giving weekly friday tuitions to primary school kids, wushu training 3 times a week, now 4, wednesday morning prayer meetings in school, weekly thursday meetings with Campus Crusade, Investment Cashflow game on Saturday, followed by church till night, Sunday church cancelled due to training, not to mention the crafting of lesson plans, planning of games, and sharing of testimonies)

Couple that with a slew of piping hot tests that spills all over the week and the impending block tests in a week, it could be quite a tramatic experience. However, despite the overwhelming workload, I am still quite stress free, and quite numb overall to the entire experience. By God's grace truly.

How I look forward to Saturdays and Sundays, where I would once again, be restored to strength to strength, as Isaiah 40:31 promises : "But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint."

Friends always remark at how I survive this hectic, frenetic, maniacal schedule of mine, if they can tell or do know, (since I am always so stress free.) Well my God does it for me, and He can for you too :)

I hope that as I take time off to compose this poem , you would also take time off to contemplate on it. My greatest satisfaction would be the elevation of your souls. (hmm) You can try figuring out the rhyming scheme(its quite tough! Took me quite a while to get it, you can doublecheck below)

Look Forward
As we toil in our daily cares,
let us not fall into the snares,
of living an existence
which bears no resemblance,
to what you have in mind.

"Seek me first, and you will find-
fulfillment, love, joy, peace,
patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness and self control "
to say the least.

How I await the great feast!
Where people from every nation,
tribe and tongue,
would gather in unison-
To praise our God in jubilation!

An attempt at a little more complex rhyming scheme, aabbc cdefd dghgg.

No comments: