Monday, November 5, 2007

Lethargic...and Mystery revealed!

Many of you readers have absolved to solve the mystery posted on "Tragedy",(posted November 3) 'Where lies my toy'. Frankly speaking, even I was not in the know of the culprit at the instance whilst i was writing, so this riddle may be a tad too hard to unravel for you, unless you are some Sherlock Homes, who is unfortunately pure fiction and so that means you arent. For those who are new or unawares, please stop and scroll down to the earlier post to inform yourself, if not this will read like a nonsensical post, not owing to my bad craftsmanship, but to your apparent ignorance. (dont be lazy and check the answer before attempting)

There being only 3 viable culprits in 'Where lies my toy', it is quite a quandrary as to why some people offered the explanation that I, the persona, misplaced the toy. Yes, on introspection it does seem plausible, and even a brazen attempt; a fresh, unconventional way of analysing the poem, but yet sometimes its just N.A, out of point. Well i infer that you are such a person who is rather creative but i guess a little too reckless and doubtful.

The other options are apparently she, her and him, being my mother, younger sister and younger brother respectively. WEll, the answer is actually she, my mother, which i guessed no one guessed correctly. An overwhelming answer was my younger brother, which i predispose to you having an irritable brother and thus stereotype(though in my case its truly true), putting him as the ideal felon. Perhaps a note to take, it doesnt mean that the more i write about him, the more likely its to be him, its a superficial sort of reasoning.

To those whom may have chosen the 'playful' her, you have taken the less trodden path. Perhaps you are just misogynistic, and like to apportionate blame to innocent little girls. (generally they are, but my sister is an exception) Anyway, i took pains to verify that it was not her, after all, she was playing audition sea all day long, so she would have no use for the gameboy. This rings a bell, its a gameboy, not a gamegirl, so she wouldnt want it too.

Finally, why is it my mum? Surely there are some hidden clues in the poem. IT looks so glabrous and paltry! You may argue that ..., but always, the poet has his reasons and is right.(most of the time) For one, my choice of diction, I described her as one who 'governs the household.' Circumspect readers would well-nigh guess that she tyrannizes the family and plays a dominant role in it. That would serve as a hint as to who took away my toy.

Next, i would like to invite you to question the motives behind the stealth. Unsurprisingly, they have different and equally plausible motives. WEll, then lets proceed to the success rate of them commiting such a treason against me. Here then, its apparent that my mum has the upper hand, and thus the sustainability in carrying out the plan. OF course, she being my elder, i cannot demand that she return it to me, but for my sister or brother, should they commit to stealing my gameboy, it would result in detrimental effects i say. So this is the Analysis of 'Where lies my toy' Hope you enjoyed it as much as I in writing it.

God bless with cheers and smiles :)

P.S. I know you will get better as you attempt more of such riddles. So dont be disappointed. I am so tired now...

No comments: